7.23.2007

Two of a Kind Makes a Pair

It's been a few firsts for rowing the last couple of weeks.

Last week was the first time I've done 8 practices in 6 days.

On Wednesday, I bowed a boat for the first time. This means you sit in the front of the boat, facing backwards, and have to steer/set the course + call out ratings, instructions, etc. The first time went quite well - steering not quite as great, but an awesome landing at the dock. The second time (on Thursday evening), the wind had changed direction a bit. Great course, landing not so hot, but fine nonetheless. Third time was the charm, though. On Friday I rowed in a double with my new partner (I row with her all the time now), and the course was good and the landing was good. Practice makes perfect, I guess.

No comments: