This morning I was given the privilege of speaking to a group of homeschoolers here at the Legislature. They're all here for their annual homeschool support group day at the MN Capitol. In order to participate, these students have to be at least 16 years old, so these were all high school-aged students. It was a little surprising to me to realize that it'll be 10 years in June since I graduated from high school, and I was in the same place a decade or more ago of what-do-i-do-next? that these students are in now. Where did all that time go? And that was the point of my speaking to them - what did I do in the past few years to get me to where I am now? (I guess where I am now is gainfully employed, and I hope that I could be considered well-spoken and groomed. or something positive like that.) How does one successfully get involved in politics? What do you have to do to get a job as a staffer at the state legislature? What exactly is it that you DO now that you're here?
I'm sure when I was asked they thought I'd give them helpful information. I tried.
I'm sure when I was asked they thought I'd give them helpful information. I tried.

1 comment:
It's an odd realization, isn't it? We're getting old. But sometimes I wonder where the wisdom is that was supposed to accompany the age!
Sounds like you had a spot of fun! =)
Post a Comment