1) What is it about the people in the neighborhood where I live who do not understand that there is a verb (albeit inherently) in the word "crosswalk"? "Crosswalk" to the people of Uptown means a place where you walk halfway across the street, stop, turn back to talk to your friends who are still standing on the corner or going the other direction, and block all traffic.
2) The place to park your car while it's snowing in November is NOT under a tree that has yet to lose its leaves. If you do this (like I did yesterday), you'll end up with a leafy-icy-crusty mess, topped by heavy, wet snow. It is entertaining to enter the freeway with this mess on your vehicle and watch the cars behind you get nailed by snowy leaves. (Even though I did attempt to brush them off, the crusty nature of the snow has practically embedded the leaves into the paint on my car.)
3) I never thought I'd see camels in the Target Center, a place where a bunch of guys usually play basketball. However, when you go see the Rockettes there, you'll see camels (along with many other live animals).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You see the camels and other animals being walked around Rockefeller Center all Christmas season... I agree, very surreal:)
Post a Comment