As I sit here huddled in my freezing cold office, wondering if the Twins were so smart they couldn't put a retractable roof on the new stadium, when a year from now, they could be playing Detroit in 40-degree rainy weather (snow expected by the weekend. Why do I live here? Oh, that's right: I like it here), I realize it's been a great week in Minnesota sports. It's also entertaining to see players from the different teams at the others' games (and I'm hoping they're cheering on the home team...not those evil Wisconsin or Michigan teams).
-The Twins. You just can't count these guys out. The people at the Dome have been busy, and have changed over the field from baseball to football back to baseball in 48 hours, and now we're all set to watch the Twins and Tigers battle it out this afternoon. And of course I love Mr. Awesome AL batting champ himself: Joe Mauer, along with other great players like Joe Nathan and the bullpen, Cuddyer, Kubel, Denard and Delmon. Let's hope Baker pitches well today and prolongs the Twins' life in the Metrodome a bit longer. (Although I did see the new Twins sign go up on Target Field late last week, and that was pretty cool.) Anyway, if you're going to the Wild game early, you can check out the Twins game before the puck drops.
-The Wild drive-through rally was this morning, which means, of course, that the home opener is tonight (let's hope they win, which they didn't do on Saturday in Columbus, but lifetime they're 7-0-1 in their home opener, so this bodes well for us, even if they haven't figured out who their captain is, yet).
-But we do know who the captain is for the Vikings...well, one of them, anyway. And his name is Favre. I have decided that as long as he is winning, I will like him. And he is awesome. Take that, cheeseheads.
Also awesome: Jared Allen. I am *almost* willing to forgive him his mullet (or skullet, as it's sometimes called) for his incredible sacking ability. *Almost* Note to Mr. Allen: if you're like Sampson and would lose all defensive power if you cut your hair, don't. But if you're not Sampson, cut your hair post-haste. You may continue to calf-rope your victims as you like, but I also might lay off the drinking and driving bit.
Also hilarious: this entry from Purple Jesus Diaries about how other objects in the Metrodome should be bought and named...'cause Mall of America field sounds retarded, so why not make everything else in the Metrodome sound stupid?
-The Gophers played Saturday, but unfortunately they didn't bring home the Axe and those 'Sconny boys took it home instead. Brew's crew is bruised. Let's hope they pull it out next week against Purdue. Purdue isn't doing that well this season, so they better win this homecoming game (especially with away games at Penn State and Ohio State coming up).
-In other news, there was a small marathon here on Sunday, and my fellow teammates rowed at the Head of the Mississippi on Sunday, as well.
-The Twins. You just can't count these guys out. The people at the Dome have been busy, and have changed over the field from baseball to football back to baseball in 48 hours, and now we're all set to watch the Twins and Tigers battle it out this afternoon. And of course I love Mr. Awesome AL batting champ himself: Joe Mauer, along with other great players like Joe Nathan and the bullpen, Cuddyer, Kubel, Denard and Delmon. Let's hope Baker pitches well today and prolongs the Twins' life in the Metrodome a bit longer. (Although I did see the new Twins sign go up on Target Field late last week, and that was pretty cool.) Anyway, if you're going to the Wild game early, you can check out the Twins game before the puck drops.
-The Wild drive-through rally was this morning, which means, of course, that the home opener is tonight (let's hope they win, which they didn't do on Saturday in Columbus, but lifetime they're 7-0-1 in their home opener, so this bodes well for us, even if they haven't figured out who their captain is, yet).
-But we do know who the captain is for the Vikings...well, one of them, anyway. And his name is Favre. I have decided that as long as he is winning, I will like him. And he is awesome. Take that, cheeseheads.
Also awesome: Jared Allen. I am *almost* willing to forgive him his mullet (or skullet, as it's sometimes called) for his incredible sacking ability. *Almost* Note to Mr. Allen: if you're like Sampson and would lose all defensive power if you cut your hair, don't. But if you're not Sampson, cut your hair post-haste. You may continue to calf-rope your victims as you like, but I also might lay off the drinking and driving bit.
Also hilarious: this entry from Purple Jesus Diaries about how other objects in the Metrodome should be bought and named...'cause Mall of America field sounds retarded, so why not make everything else in the Metrodome sound stupid?
-The Gophers played Saturday, but unfortunately they didn't bring home the Axe and those 'Sconny boys took it home instead. Brew's crew is bruised. Let's hope they pull it out next week against Purdue. Purdue isn't doing that well this season, so they better win this homecoming game (especially with away games at Penn State and Ohio State coming up).
-In other news, there was a small marathon here on Sunday, and my fellow teammates rowed at the Head of the Mississippi on Sunday, as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment