6.29.2012

Oh, June: where have you GONE?!

Internet,

On today, the 39th of June (my calendar tells me so: apparently it's a leap day or something)...



... I realize that the month has flown by.  Summer ends on the 4th of July (practically), so I have felt the need to jam as many things as possible into my days.

Here's a run on some June numbers:
0: sunburns (yay, remembering to use sun block!)

1: pair of sunglasses I lost to the Mississippi River (darn that ol' man river)

1: ceremonial bill signing (I'm not really sure what to do with the sharpie that I received - one of the ones the Gov used to do the signing...so I just put it in my office desk drawer to use along with all of the others I've got at work)

1: medal ceremony at 5:30am (Coach Peter finally found and gave me a medal - the first I'd ever won - oh, 5 1/2 years after the actual race took place)

1: board meeting

1: number of hair cuts I've given (I cut my roommate's hair...and not in that creepy while-she-slept kind of way, either.  She actually asked me to do it!)

1: men's cycling crit in downtown St. Paul...and one bike crash during the race
Nature Valley Grand Prix
1, soon to be 2 (tomorrow): plays at the Guthrie (Amen Corner and Roman Holiday)

The guy on the right was in the Guthrie's production of Amen Corner: in case you wonder what the actors do in between the matinee and evening shows, they teach musical instrument lessons in parks.

2: bike rides (not nearly enough, since I'll be biking from Prague to Vienna in September)

3 total (1 of each): bridal shower, birthday party, and going-away party (none of them mine, of course)

3: number of times I've played either/or my violin and piano

4: days I taught a session of Learn to Row
Awesome group of LTR (with one missing)!
5: total number of days I've seen extended family, thanks to a family reunion over Father's Day weekend
My dad (far right) with his brothers and sisters


6: dinners with friends
Who doesn't love hibiscus trees?
8: gardening pots on my balcony with still-living plants in them!



9: bands I heard at River's Edge Music Festival (technically I really only paid attention to 7 or 8)











View of Downtown from Harriet Island




It's always entertaining to see a lead singer get in a plastic bubble to crowd surf


12: approximate number of sunrises I've been awake to see

View of Downtown St. Paul from my balcony at 5:04am on June 22, 2012

15: total number of days I went to work

19, soon to be 20 (tomorrow): rowing practices
Most of the rowing practices were here, with a few lake practices for the flood of it...oops, I mean fun of it.   Yeah.  Fun of it.

Too many to count: games of Words with Friends and mosquito bites

Plus there's church, time with my parents, lunches, doughnuts, BBQs, and so many other things to fit in there.  It's been busy, but I do so love summer!  

xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments: