It's November, and this means cranberries, Internet. Lots and lots of cranberries. And if you're not like me (I eat them raw & served on plain yogurt - no sugar, but full of fat), there are other, sweeter ways to eat them. Such as this cake that I made earlier this month.
See, ya take some butter and sugar and water and melt it all together, and then rinse a whole mess of cranberries. Kinda like this:
And then ya put the whole mess of cranberries into the butter/sugar/water mix, and butter up a springform pan (though you could use the cast iron skillet, but in this case, I didn't):
Then ya dump all of those cranberries into the pan, kinda like you see here (along with foil wrapped all up underneath the pan so the juices don't leak out too much during the bakin' process):
And then ya whip up a sour cream cake batter:
So then ya put the batter on top of the mess of cranberries and throw it all in the oven:
Bake the whole thing until it looks sorta like this:
And after a few minutes, you flip it over and make cranberry upside down cake (and use a party platter like I did here when I realized I didn't have anything that would fit a 10-inch round cake):
Voila! Because of the cranberries, it's actually tart & sweet, all at the same delicious time. Eat lots of it. I took it to work, and it went really fast.
xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments:
Post a Comment