Dear Internet,
People who were born in July have the best birthdays. I should know.* If you're born at the beginning of the month, the whole U.S. of A. celebrates it with fireworks because the entire country was born in July, and how cool is that?**
Well, apparently not to be outdone by having a birthday later in the month, I also got my own fireworks show when my hair dryer got into the act yesterday morning. Literally! It started shooting sparks and some went down my, uh, décolletage, which made for an entertaining morning, let me tell you! And a blistering birthday week began! Suffice it to say there is no permanent damage (or even very much temporary damage), but holy hot!*** What a way to fully awaken on a Monday.
Thankfully, there hasn't been too much else blazing so far, but in my normal fashion, birthday celebrations continue for a week or two, so they're not all done yet.****
xoxo,
Minny LinnEy
*I do know. So there.
**The only trump is if you're born on December 25th, because who wouldn't want to share a birthday with Jesus?! Except then you share a birthday with Jesus, and everyone probably ignores you on your big day and you're named Noel or Noël. (Or Andrea. I actually do have a friend born on Christmas Day.)
***I know that I've spontaneously combusted once before, but this is getting ridiculous.
****Birthdays are really just an excuse to get together with family and friends and eat a lot and talk even more.
p.s. Kentwig: happy birthday to my fellow July-born friend.
p.s. Kentwig: happy birthday to my fellow July-born friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment