1.23.2006

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Surely that phrase must refer to the common cold. Only this thing that I've been trying not to get doesn't seem very common. It's felling many people in these parts, both great and small.

Have you ever just known that you were coming down with something, and then tried to ward it off? Popped vitamins like candy, gone to bed early, guzzled orange juice like it was going out of style? Hmmm. I have. To no avail, of course. And yet, hope persists.

Since Friday evening, I have just known I was going to get this awful cold (that members of my family and several co-workers have). I have had all the classic symptoms (scratchy throat, stuffed nose, headache), and yet it hasn't reached the boiling point thus far. So I snoozed the weekend away and drank lots of OJ because I somehow think that by doing so I won't get the whole enchilada. do I really think that'll work? No, not really; I don't remember it ever working before. but so far, so good. I guess I'm still in the hopeful/denial stage.

I'll let you know how that works out for me.

No comments: