1.25.2006

a quick note to the world

I am still surviving - for once I might not get the entire cold. I'm still on the borderline, though, so I hope I don't tip over the edge...

OK, so am I strange? Undoubtedly. I hate racking up miles on my car, but if one must do so in order to get anywhere, shouldn't you find what little joy there is in racking up said miles? (I mean, besides the driving itself, of course, which is an entirely different story.) So, lately I've been enjoying watching my car's odometer wander through the 60K range. For example, it brought be great amusement to notice that my car was on 65656 miles yesterda. I can't wait until 66666 just to see if I have a really horrible day...

Speaking of driving to work (which is really the only place I go), I'm looking at shortening my drive time. I'm apartment searching with my future roommate Kari. It's been interesting thus far. I'll keep you posted, but I will definitely be watching the miles on my car flip more slowly when I'm done...

Since I'm on the subject of work, I announce to you that I like my job with the MN Senate. It's been great, and I'm looking forward to when session actually starts and things get really crazy. I have the feeling I'll find it immensely fun and entertaining (in between severe bouts of stress?).

And since so many of these things are converging at once (Senate session starts March 1st here in the land of Minny, and I'll be moving into the new place pretty much the same time), my life will get exciting very fast. Look for updates on my sanity at a later date.

Finally, readers, I am looking forward to beginning a new class this evening. I leave it to you to guess, but it is in the fitness realm, involves dance-like movement, and requires those finger cymbals I got as a gag gift several years ago...

No comments: