3.31.2006

March and the Madness Thereof

Well, I figured this evening I would have to post, just so you all know that I was alive and kicking during the month of March.

This month has flown by, mainly because of my job. Long hours, crazy bills, debates on how best to spend taxpayer $$$, marriage rallying, all of it. Oh, and an ethical scandal thrown in for good measure. It's been a lot of fun the past month (though because of those long hours, it really feels like four or five months since the MN Senate began session).

I participated in a couple of pools for NCAA March Madness. I went down in flames. However, I really can't say that I care, quite simply because Duke and Connecticut lost, and therefore, it's all good.

My Bible study is over as of this week, and now I won't know what to do with myself on Thursday evenings until fall. I loved every moment of the first Precept class on John, and then the one I just finished was on Joseph. It's amazing how God reveals new things to you each and every time you read through a book, chapter, verse. I'm really looking forward to the second Precept class on John in September....

Also finished the belly dancing class. I have to admit: getting, oh, 25 or so white women of Scandanavian descent (with one nice African American lady who just laughed at us) into the same room trying to actually move in some fashion other than walking tended to be quite hilarious. Laughing was almost as much of a workout as the actual attempts to dance. To be sure, I don't think this will become my next career, but Emily and I had a great time doing it.

There's only a couple more weeks until Easter, and I'm looking forward to it - I love playing the Maundy Thursday service at church. And, too, I'll probably get a day off in Good Friday (crossing my fingers no floor session or committee meetings get called, but so far,so good.)

No comments: