I've been waiting to see if any of my mornings this week will rival my Monday. Thus far, Monday's way ahead.
It began with me at my parents' house (spent the afternoon and evening with the parents for Father's Day, and just stayed over), and the congregation of an entire suburb's wildlife in their backyard, right outside my window at 2am. I cannot believe the chattering those nocturnal creatures can do, the noise they make, and the sleep they take from people who desperately need it, like me.
I then went to the dentist and had the world's chattiest hygienist - who I love, don't get me wrong - happily wile away an hour cleaning my teeth and doing strange things like checking my tongue for cancer. (Never had that one before. Apparently your dentist is the most likely person to discover cancer in your mouth since no one ever thinks to ask the doctor to check there when getting a routine physical done. The things you learn!) I suppose it could've been worse - I didn't have any cavities or anything.
I stopped at the store to pick up a few items with life-sustaining qualities (i.e., food), when in line, the slightly older gentleman next to me leaned over and said, "I'm tall and thin, too. Isn't it great?" I have to admit I laughed at the bizarreness of the comment...
Upon driving away, I then noticed a storefront in a strip mall that quite literally had me turning my head in awe three times to make sure I'd read the sign right. There, smack dab in the middle of a suburbiaville strip mall was a store named "Coffins and More". Um, excuse me? Who would go purchase a coffin in a strip mall, and what constitutes the "More"???
Shortly thereafter, I spilled coffee all over myself.
All of this before 9am. The rest of my mornings this week have been downright dull by comparison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment