Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Since I started working for the state, I feel a little more patriotic than usual. This is a good thing. I went to visit my grandparents' graves at Fort Snelling on Saturday - it's quite a sight to see all of those markers signifying people buried there who have given service to our country. The white stone, green grass and US flags everywhere does make me very thankful, and even a bit proud.
For the first time in years (surely it must be years, but maybe my memory is not that great), it has been warm and sunny all weekend long- so far. I've heard there's a chance of showers this afternoon (bah!), but that's typical for Minnesotans and this late May holiday. What is atypical is the heat. It's been in the 90s & humid every day now for about 3 days, with temps going back up there today. I can't remember the last time it's been 89 degrees at 11pm on Memorial Weekend Sunday - has it ever? It's fantastic.
Since Session ended last week, I've been trying to catch up on sleep, catch up on work, and catch up with friends. Let's just say I'm doing a pretty good job on the latter. The two former are suffering just a bit. The work will still be there when I get back to the office this week and the sleep can never be recaptured anyway, so I might as well see my friends while they still remember me. Lots of parties and BBQs and the like makes for a very happy LinnEy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment