Hi, long-lost readers. I have been working a lot lately as session winds to a close for the year. But I don't think we're at the winding down part yet - we're still somewhere around fevered pitch, but you might not knowing if you were watching what's been going on here in the state of Minny. It has definitely been enjoyable - stadia, budget bills gone awry, etc., etc.
Last week our softball game got rained out, but this week we played in the rain. (With lightning noticeable to "the left" as some may be aware.) I guess they thought the rain itself doesn't matter, it all has to do with how muddy the field is or will get. Last week, it rained the three days prior to the game; this week, only one or so. The fields were not saturated enough on Monday to keep us away, nor from keeping pretty much every single guy on our team from diving into the mud for something-or-other - a base, a fly-ball, whatever. We girls are just too lazy for that. Good news is that we won again, and now we are 2-0.
My roommate, Kari, is gradumatating today from college; I am very happy for her as she says "B*bye" to the good ol' U of M. (As in University of Minnesota to all of you out there who do not realize U of M only refers to U of MN in my mind - and the minds of pretty much every one else who counts. I kid, I kid! Barely.) Congratulations, Kari! Best wishes for success in your new career, which you thankfully start in a week. I'm glad I won't be carrying us on the rent in the near future, and I know you'll be even happier to say "goodbye" to your current part-time job than you are to saying "B*bye" to the U of M.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
But think of the free coffee you will miss now that Kari is in the "real world" :)
Post a Comment