5.18.2006

You know you need to go on vacation when....

....the sound your dishwasher makes reminds you of Cape Cod.

This morning, my roommate started the dishwasher. Neither of us have been eating at home that much lately (I've been working late a lot these days, and I think she has, too), so it was shocking there were dishes to wash in the first place. Secondly, it was the sound of the water wand thing hitting a pot in there that sounded like the bells that are on the buoys out on the Cape. This caused me to pause. I couldn't figure out from where the sound was coming. Could there be a church around us that suddenly decided to start ringing their bells before 7am? And they sounded so strange. It was that clanging sound that I associate with Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard - you know the one. Think buoys and seafood and all things oceanic.

Then it dawned on me that it was the dishwasher. And that I really need a vacation. (Preferably back to Nantucket, but anywhere on the coast will do...)

1 comment:

"Nick" said...

Get Kari to invite you with her when she comes to visit us...:D Not on Cape Cod, but not far away either!