Over the weekend, my roommate decided we needed to furnish our apt, at least to the point that it looks like someone resides there. So, to IKEA she went. I am still holding out on IKEA, and hope not to go anytime soon. But I am great helping put the quasi-furniture together. I have helped a couple times with IKEA build-your-own furniture - just as long as I don't have to actually step foot in IKEA for the first or last time, I'm okay with that. When working with IKEA furniture, I always feel like I'm five years old again, playing carpenter. All that's missing is the toolbelt with the plastic hammer. At any rate, we had fun putting the place together, and now our apartment looks completely different than it did a week ago. I mean, completely different. We hung curtains and pictures, assembled and arranged said furniture, placed lamps, the whole bit.
Last night began my membership with the Minnesota Boat Club. It was wonderful. I learned to scull in a quad, and have to admit, it was a lot of fun. I heard one of the team say we'd gone over 7 miles. Not bad, when you've never handled two oars at a time, if I do say so myself. The only problem is now my hands are blistered and swollen, and I'm supposed to play an orchestra concert in Minnetonka tonight. We'll see how that goes...
8.22.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So do we get to see pictures?
Post a Comment