1.16.2008

Work That Doesn't Feel Like Work

Over the last couple years at my job, I've done many things that haven't felt so much like work as it has felt like fun (or in the case of all the prisons I've toured, something in between work and fun; in the case of eating prison food, something worse than work). For instance, yesterday I went to Hennepin County Court to observe several different courts. It was very interesting to see how the largest judicial district in Minnesota handles many different facets of the legal system. It was with great interest that I learned that 167 different languages were spoken in Hennepin County Courts in 2007 alone. I could not name 167 different languages, let alone figure out the logistics for interpretive services for all of them.
By far, though, the best thing I have done since I took this job is the Citizens' Academy at the BCA this past fall. The BCA is one of my favorite places, and you can probably understand why I think so based on this picture taken during the class:

No comments: