4.15.2008

and Greatest

Last week was the latest. This week will be a good one. (I'm already hedging my bets that this won't be the greatest, but it will be much better than snow/rain/sleet/clouds/snow and lots of work as so many of my recent weeks have been.)

-Finished the book by Clarence Thomas; I highly recommend it.

-I may have lost the office NCAA March Madness pool (eh, Memphis! How you kill me with your pitiful and pitiable free throw shooting), but at least I came in second place. I won my lunch money back.

-It's supposed to be 70° today! (Yes, 70°!!!) And the sun is shining simultaneously.

-I started reading books I should've read in high school but never did. Up now, F. Scott Fitzgerald.

-I got off work ON TIME last night...and then promptly got stuck in traffic the whole way home. It's amazing how a few months of leaving work late most evenings causes one to forget what rush hour traffic is like.

-I'm no longer a C&E violinist. I actually am playing in the church orchestra again this Sunday (and it's not Christmas or Easter! A first this season!).

-Our rowing season starts in a few weeks. The disadvantages of working so much is the lack of working out. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though, and I have started back up, albeit rather slowly. I am still quite afraid that I will die the first few weeks of practice, with the most likely cause being having left a lung out there somewhere on the river.

No comments: