8.13.2008

In the words of a fellow rower: I have an Olympics Hangover

Today our rowing practice was awesome. Mainly because we didn't have any. On my way to the club at 5 this morning, I noticed it was rather foggy out. And then crossing the Wabasha Street Bridge, you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you. So it was too dangerous to row. And then our coach let us off the hook, and we didn't even erg! Instead, our team went out for breakfast. Sitting around talking and laughing while eating bacon, eggs and pancakes is my kinda practice.

I'm also glad we didn't row because I'm still tired. In the words of one of my teammates: I have an Olympics hangover, and need more sleep. But all the good events start late! So I'm inevitably staying up late to watch them...

And I got my car back! The first time. I still have to have the damage to my bumper and taillight repaired next week, but this time I got new tires and new bearings and everything runs smoothly now. It's sad when you start to prepare for winter driving in Minnesota when it's still August.

No comments: