12.22.2008

Christmas Week

-This is the first time in years that I've actually gone into the office during Christmas week. I figured a five-day weekend this week, and another five-day weekend next week would be sufficient time to adjust to the idea of a new session beginning on January 6th.

-I found myself laughing on Sunday evening as some guy in my neighborhood was trying (rather unsuccessfully) to chase down his dog, Maddie. I laughed because it was so cold out and she was definitely giving him a run for his money, and by the way he was attired, he had obviously been unprepared for her to run away when he let her out.

-Drivers in MN need to stop tailgating during snow storms. I don't care if you have snow tires and grew up around here: you still make me nervous when you follow people (or worse, me!) too closely. Especially when there's someone fishtailing just ahead of you, because he too, was following someone too closely and was trying to switch lanes while braking.

-The city of Minneapolis finally decided to plow the streets. Yay! It only took them a month of it snowing every other day to finally take some action. Although now there's a snowpack of about 3-4 inches on most sidestreets (even after the plowing), so when it finally warms up (in March? April?), it'll be a few inches of ice instead of snowpack. In some ways, the colder temps have been better for the ice pack factor. I can't believe I just said that...I'd rather the temps be above zero.

-I'm done with Christmas orchestra concerts now! I only have the Christmas Eve service at church left to play.

-Working out four or five days a week means you get to eat more Christmas cookies.

-Stories like this one ("Where'd the Bailout Money Go?") drive me absolutely crazy. Stories like this one ("SantaCorp Pleads Case for Bailout") make me laugh.

-I finally watched Ben Stein's Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed this weekend, and highly recommend it. (Although it did cause a bit of frustration on my part; but I'm still glad he made the film, and I was happy to watch it.)

No comments: