3.30.2009

2 Days.

Pure bliss: Over the weekend, I did not go in to the office or think (too much) about work. It was not the warmest weekend ever, but it was sunny, and my days were brightened by the short break from budget and policy talks. First policy deadline: done. Second policy deadline, fast approaching...

So, to celebrate not working on Saturday, I put some time in at the tanks. Always a good time, but after rowing on real water last weekend, the tanks are not nearly as much fun as previously. (Although there were no ice bergs in the tanks, which is a good thing, and I did get to see a bunch of friends, which is always a good thing.)

Also managed to make it to a new restaurant over the weekend: Rinata. Pretty good atmosphere, fabulous antipasti. The rest of it was decent fare, but nothing I can rave about. But back to the antipasti...it's really all about cheese. I love cheese. I could just eat it all day long, especially when it's warm and served with olives and sweet peppers and bread.

Had a boat club annual meeting on Sunday night. After sitting through so many committee and floor votes, it's very strange to actually be able to vote on something (like board members) myself. I'm not used to saying "aye" - I wasn't sure if it made me feel better to finally get to vote on something - anything! - or if it just gave me flashbacks to last week when I thought committees would. never. ever. end. But now that's done, we have all the board members in place, I signed my waiver and paid my dues, and now I can go out on the water once the Ol' Miss recedes. (I love how its currently at the "action stage," which is just below the flood stage.)

No comments: