6.09.2009

It's June, you say?

Coulda fooled me. It's cold out. Like 50-degrees-during-the-day cold. I could do with about 20 more degrees each afternoon...but the rain was good this weekend. Not for wandering around or rowing in, but good for the greening effect.

Places to take cousins in town for the weekend: Tum Rup Thai and Muffuletta. I must be in a rut - I just keep going back to the same restaurants. But they're so good! Although now that I've run into this man at Muffuletta (happened last night), maybe my quiet little neighborhood dining spot isn't so quiet if random quasi-famous people are showing up there...I thought he'd left and gone to live in NY permanently now, but apparently not. Bother. A person good at storytelling does not necessarily a nice person make...

Is it just me, or are the vast majority of movies made these days 1) psycho-slasher-insane-horror flicks, 2) abhorently depressing films, or 3) so brainless as to be trite images pasted together without any decent storyline? I tried renting a movie with my cousin on Friday, and she and I agreed: most everything available and relatively new sounded awful.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I'm with you on movies. I think the 90s were better. Sometimes when I wanted to see a movie there were two or three in the theatre I had to choose from. Now I can go months without being interested in anything.