And her name is Doctor Chiropractor Lady. She is way cool, and I now believe that chiropractor = miracle worker.
I wish that someone (i.e., the doctors looking at my X-rays) had noticed much earlier (say, the first day it happened when they took the X-rays, and supposedly looked at them) that one of my foot bones was out of joint and needed to be put back in place. Apparently my talus (more info here) has been out of whack for two months, and no one figured out that that was the reason I had no range of motion (other than my physical therapist, who finally sent me to the chiropractor because she couldn't get it to move after weeks of therapy). Within 10 minutes and 8 adjustments to my foot yesterday, I got back full range of motion. I'm now chock full of kinesiology tape to keep the bone in place as much as possible while my body tries to get re-used to having all my bones in their proper positions. I have two more adjustments scheduled next week to help my body retrain itself that this really is the right way to have my bones.
Argh! It's so frustrating to know that this could have been resolved weeks and weeks ago. I've decided that I hate my clinic (2.5 weeks to get me in to see a podiatrist when I possibly had a broken foot? And then she couldn't even read X-rays?), and I'm leaving them. We may not have many options in choosing our health care because of red insurance tape, but I will use what power I do have and say "no" to them. The next group might not be any better, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
Anyway, I'm in a bit of pain now, but it's a good kind because my foot now *feels* right, and the pain is more soreness than bad pain. Also: I can walk down steps without difficulty. Life will be good again. I'm very happy about that.
I wish that someone (i.e., the doctors looking at my X-rays) had noticed much earlier (say, the first day it happened when they took the X-rays, and supposedly looked at them) that one of my foot bones was out of joint and needed to be put back in place. Apparently my talus (more info here) has been out of whack for two months, and no one figured out that that was the reason I had no range of motion (other than my physical therapist, who finally sent me to the chiropractor because she couldn't get it to move after weeks of therapy). Within 10 minutes and 8 adjustments to my foot yesterday, I got back full range of motion. I'm now chock full of kinesiology tape to keep the bone in place as much as possible while my body tries to get re-used to having all my bones in their proper positions. I have two more adjustments scheduled next week to help my body retrain itself that this really is the right way to have my bones.
Argh! It's so frustrating to know that this could have been resolved weeks and weeks ago. I've decided that I hate my clinic (2.5 weeks to get me in to see a podiatrist when I possibly had a broken foot? And then she couldn't even read X-rays?), and I'm leaving them. We may not have many options in choosing our health care because of red insurance tape, but I will use what power I do have and say "no" to them. The next group might not be any better, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
Anyway, I'm in a bit of pain now, but it's a good kind because my foot now *feels* right, and the pain is more soreness than bad pain. Also: I can walk down steps without difficulty. Life will be good again. I'm very happy about that.

1 comment:
YAY for a good chiropractor. :) And for choices in health care (long may it be so).
Post a Comment