Ways to make life enjoyable:
1. Trying a new restaurant. Like this one. They make homemade ginger ale at Sapor, and it's good. Basically no sugar in it (just ginger and bubbles - delish!), so if you're looking for something sweet like Canada Dry or Schweppes or whatever it is that you get in the can, this isn't for you. Anyway, Sapor has a new menu seasonally or monthly or something like that, but if you get the chance to try the pierogies, they're quite tasty with lovely seasoned sour cream. Mmmm.
2. Getting a massage. I used to go to this salon for hair cuts (until my stylist left, and I've since followed her to three salons, including the last one, which is her own, and where I will be later today when I get my hair chopped off again). And then I found out fivetwosix is having a promotion on their massages/facials this month, so I booked one. It was especially nice Tuesday night since I just last week started lifting weights with my legs again since the Unfortunate Incident. (Oh, who am I kidding? I haven't seriously lifted any weights in...EVER.) So Amy Jo worked out some of the sore, tight muscles in my quads and hamstrings.
3. Using a facial brush. Namely, the Clarisonic. It's like having a mini one-minute facial every day of the week. I've been using mine since I received it as a Christmas gift, and I admit to liking it muchly. Also required: a good moisturizer. I mean, we live in the land of 10,000 lakes...that are frozen half the year. And my skin is also frozen and dry that half of the year.
1. Trying a new restaurant. Like this one. They make homemade ginger ale at Sapor, and it's good. Basically no sugar in it (just ginger and bubbles - delish!), so if you're looking for something sweet like Canada Dry or Schweppes or whatever it is that you get in the can, this isn't for you. Anyway, Sapor has a new menu seasonally or monthly or something like that, but if you get the chance to try the pierogies, they're quite tasty with lovely seasoned sour cream. Mmmm.
2. Getting a massage. I used to go to this salon for hair cuts (until my stylist left, and I've since followed her to three salons, including the last one, which is her own, and where I will be later today when I get my hair chopped off again). And then I found out fivetwosix is having a promotion on their massages/facials this month, so I booked one. It was especially nice Tuesday night since I just last week started lifting weights with my legs again since the Unfortunate Incident. (Oh, who am I kidding? I haven't seriously lifted any weights in...EVER.) So Amy Jo worked out some of the sore, tight muscles in my quads and hamstrings.
3. Using a facial brush. Namely, the Clarisonic. It's like having a mini one-minute facial every day of the week. I've been using mine since I received it as a Christmas gift, and I admit to liking it muchly. Also required: a good moisturizer. I mean, we live in the land of 10,000 lakes...that are frozen half the year. And my skin is also frozen and dry that half of the year.

No comments:
Post a Comment