11.03.2010

It is 3:19am on November 3rd.

I just got home five minutes ago from the war rooms and meeting rooms of the state's Republican Party party. I'm too wide awake to go to bed.

For the first time since the Minnesota Legislature went to partisan caucuses (oh, let's just call it about forty years), the Senate Republican Caucus has just taken control of the Minnesota Senate. You read that right: the FIRST TIME. The Republicans have never before held control of the state senate. Goodbye, DFL super majority. Amen and Hallelujah.

I think my job just got a lot easier...AND a lot harder, simultaneously.

I'm excited.

And add to that, we picked up the state's House of Representatives again (though that was only recently lost a few years back). But the bad news is there is rumor of a recount for our governor's race. Please, dear God: no more recounts.
There is a lot of work to be done, and it starts on November 3rd.

1 comment:

Al said...

Andy woke me up with the news this morning and I flew out of bed! You guys must have been going crazy last night! Congratulations to you and the whole SRC!