11.10.2010

You know your public library system's patrons are liberal when...

...only 40 people have reserved George W. Bush's memoirs (as of last night).

(To give you some perspective on the Hennepin County library system and what that number really means, there are currently almost 1400 people waiting to read Vince Flynn's latest novel, which has been out for a month.)

(Although now that I think about it, I don't know what this says...Vince Flynn's writing is usually thought by many to be on the conservative side. So maybe this just means that the people of Hennepin County like fiction better than nonfiction.)

(And what does that mean about me? I will be reading both.)

3 comments:

"Nick" said...

Maybe it means you use too many parenthetical statements? ;)

akalinear said...

(Probably.)

Rachelle said...

Yep, I was no. 16. Meanwhile, I'm no. 200-something for the new John Grisham novel. :)