4.27.2011

Sugaring, verb.

Sugaring (ˈʃʊɡərɪŋ)
-verb
1. Consuming massive amounts of sugar upon the breaking of a long fast from sweets


Internet,

According to a co-worker, I have today been engaged in "sugaring." Since I have this week ended my sugar fast, I've gone off the deep end, culminating tonight in eating a dinner of a strawberry shake & two cherry pies from McD's, a bunch of milk chocolate Easter eggs, and some rum flavor lifesavers (I didn't even know they made such things; they are delicious). Every day since Sunday, I have consumed sweets - sometimes vast quantities. I keep thinking to myself, "This will not end well," and although I expect a raging stomachache, none has occurred. But tonight that may change. I have the beginnings of a headache, and while I will tell the world it's work-related, it's probably caused by both the work and the sugar. But at least the sweets are making me care very little that it's after 8 in the evening and I'm still at work.

xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments: