6.24.2011

Five Minutes of Your Life You'll Never Get Back

Internet,

I started rowing on real water again last week. I have had very bad blisters. Day one: two blood blisters. Day two: those went away (the blood, not the blisters; I'll leave that to your imagination, although if you really wanted, I do have a picture I could provide as proof). Day three: took Wednesday off of practice to let my hands heal, only to go back on Day four: and end up worse than ever. Thank goodness for New Skin and bandages, 'cause otherwise it could've been really awkward shaking those people's hands at work the last two weeks. They're all fine now, and good to go.

Speaking of work...for three weeks in a row, I have thought that it was Wednesday on a Thursday, which was really my Friday (because, Yay! Fridays off with flex schedule during the summer...except today, when I got called back in to the office, so yeah, not so much the "Yay! Friday!" today). And in other work-related news, I may get to go on "vacation" in July. No one's really sure yet, so I just keep working and going about my normal business and shaking people's hands with my awkwardly bandaged phalanges.

In other awkward news, you know what's really good for dinner? Doritos and cottage cheese. I ate it three nights in a row last week. It would've been four nights in a row, but I polished off all the Doritos and cottage cheese in the first three nights.

As for other news, I went to Rock the Garden last weekend. More on that (including pictures!) later.

And finally, I am visiting my tween years. In some ways I kind of feel like I skipped straight from being a grubby youth to a miniature adult who wore suits. Although let's face it: I was never really "miniature." Anyway, to rectify those potential lost years, I've discovered this. And now I feel like the tween I probably never was (and never really will be - now I'm just an old person experimenting with those young people's fads).

And now that I have wasted five minutes of your life you'll never get back...

Have a great weekend, Internet.

xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

p.s. Happy 3rd Birthday to the cutest niece ever.

No comments: