7.10.2011

Rock the Garden: 2011

Dear Internet,
So I'm a little behind in telling you about my "summer vacation." For example, back in June, I went to Rock the Garden with friend K. It was a little rainy. (OK, a lot rainy.) But we still had fun.

Tapes 'n Tapes (aka, "Local band played well")

Walker Sculpture Garden (aka, "Yes, that is downtown Minneapolis back there...behind the rain clouds")

K & Minny LinnEy (aka, "a li'l bedraggled from all the rain, although we stayed pretty dry with appropriate rain gear and a little bit of planning")

Booker T. Jones (aka, "Coulda used a better sound technician")


I couldn't figure out if this guy was just Neko Case's biggest fan, or if he thought the rain would turn into a flood at any moment and wanted to be prepared.

Neko Case (aka, "Although I sound good on the radio, I'm actually pretty horrible at live concerts like this outdoor show I barely showed up for")
Sorry, Internet. I have no pictures of the final set, My Morning Jacket (aka, "K & I shoulda stuck it out, 'cause they sounded awesome on the radio on my way home and probably were the band of the day"). All in all, it was a fun experience, but I was completely disappointed in Neko Case. Completely.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: