Internet,
I have no idea what day of the week it is, or what the date is even, but I can tell you that as of four o'clock this morning, we are done. I'm happy with my bill (for the most part - it's a pretty good bill, and everything's relative), and I'm even more ecstatic that special session went well (only 12.5 hours!), the governor signed all of the bills this morning (many of which included great reform! and no new taxes!), the shutdown is over, and now, at 3:30 in the afternoon, I am finally at home and have the next two days off! And the weekend! What on earth am I going to do with four whole days? Imagine. Four whole days to myself (with the exception of checking email...can't really get away from that right now).
During this time I plan to basically sleep, eat and do nothing (not necessarily in that order, depending on how badly my body has been thrown out of whack from not sleeping or eating properly for so many days - well, months, really - in a row). And maybe get my back into better shape after tweaking it last week at rowing practice. (Apparently sitting in a chair for marathon meetings did not do it any good, either...between midnight and four a.m. today, the only quasi-comfortable position I could get in was either standing up against a wall or lying flat on my office floor.) And maybe see some family and friends. Or watch the final stages of the Tour de France.
I can do pretty much anything I want! Oh, the joy. And not be on call 24 hours a day. *sigh of relief*
xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments:
Post a Comment