Internet,
Today is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
Today is also the day that my boat club decided to hold its annual meeting.
Now, usually I would be all in favor of forgetting tax day to think about something pleasant like rowing, but this year tax day isn't until the 17th. And instead, it's a significant anniversary of a large boat sinking.
Coincidence? Probably. A sign of things to come this year at the boathouse? I sincerely hope not.
(Although seriously: we've been on the water for almost a month now. It's so warm, it would take a miracle to have a literal iceberg in the water. And since the chances of work/session interfering this summer - like last summer - are slim, I don't foresee too many figurative icebergs interfering with my season this year, either. Except laziness. That figurative iceberg is always out there.)
(Although seriously: we've been on the water for almost a month now. It's so warm, it would take a miracle to have a literal iceberg in the water. And since the chances of work/session interfering this summer - like last summer - are slim, I don't foresee too many figurative icebergs interfering with my season this year, either. Except laziness. That figurative iceberg is always out there.)
Happy rowing!
~Minny LinnEy

No comments:
Post a Comment