Internet,
This morning I saw a most hilarious vision:
Two guys were chasing a goose across the front lawn of the Capitol mall with a butterfly net.
One guy was an officer from animal control, and I was so distracted by the butterfly net, I really couldn't tell you who the other guy was (possibly a cop, possibly a plant management guy). Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what their objection to the goose was, but obviously something was up because the two of them were literally running after it, trying to catch it. I cannot tell you how much that makes me smile, even now, hours later.
One guy was an officer from animal control, and I was so distracted by the butterfly net, I really couldn't tell you who the other guy was (possibly a cop, possibly a plant management guy). Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what their objection to the goose was, but obviously something was up because the two of them were literally running after it, trying to catch it. I cannot tell you how much that makes me smile, even now, hours later.
Eventually I learned from another co-worker (who was just as taken with this sight as I was - probably more so, since he waited to enter the building and continued to watch until the situation was resolved) that the goose flew about 30 feet away, and the two guys gave up and left. Those young people today! They lack perseverance. Character qualities are especially important in people's lives, especially when it involves the capture of a silly goose for my entertainment.
~Minny LinnEy

No comments:
Post a Comment