Tonight I met a friend for coffee at the local Caribou. I've taken it upon myself to test out all the different Holiday coffee drinks available at Starbuck's, Caribou and Dunn Brothers. I don't know why I decided to do this - I've never had a Christmas coffee before this year. They never appealed to me previously. I don't know why they never appealed, because as many of you know, I'm an all or nothing girl: I either want my coffee straight (or better yet, in espresso form), or so doctored up there's barely hope of recognizing it as coffee. Nothing in between, thank you very much. And trust me, these Christmas novelty beverages definitely fit into the latter category.
It really didn't start out as a conscious decision to taste-test them all; it just kind of happened, and now it's a trend. I had a "Ho Ho Mocha" at Caribou. I liked the candy cane in it, but adding the mocha was too much. (If you live near one, try the Dunn Brothers version - the Peppermint Latte is much better.) I could handle either the vast amount of sugar or the vast amount of caffeine, but both? Not the best idea, and this is coming from an admitted sugar addict who really enjoys her caffeinated coffee. (Again, I really like the doctored stuff, so this is saying something. I should've just had straight black - I'd be happier right now.) The Pumpkin Spice Latte is pretty good at Starbuck's. The only thing I refuse to try is anything eggnog. I have nothing but appreciation for eggnog, but in one's coffee? I don't think so. That's just wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I appreciate your sacrifice!
As for me, I can attest that the eggnog chai latte at Starbucks is to die for.
Almost.
Post a Comment