2.04.2006

Wally and the trade

It was with a great sigh of sadness last week that the women of Minnesota learned that the best-looking white man in the NBA was going to Boston. We will miss Wally Szczerbiak very much. Good luck to his wife fending off female fans in Boston.

But the question remains, was it worth it? I understand that a team can have a bad season, but c'mon! The Timberpuppies are still that - acting like they'll forever be the new kids on the block, even though the franchise has been around since '89 and KG is in his, what, 10th season? They should be putting up results, and not squandering draft picks, players and coaches in bad trades and bad business decisions. I even don't mind trading Wally if it would gain something in return, but will Ricky actually get us better results? Will KG get along with these guys better than Wally; will team chemistry click this time 'round? The Timberwolves have gotten rid of a good coach that pretty much everyone liked (Flip - and Chauncey Billups - seem to be doing okay in Detroit; they're 39-6, after all), and Glen Taylor is still touting his VP in Kevin McHale, but I'll believe the goods when I see 'em. And, oh, do I hope I see them! I love KG, and I'm a diehard Minnesota fan. I'll remain so. But I'd like to see the T'Wolves (not to even mention the Vikes) do well in my lifetime.

No comments: