I had a blast at the MN State Fair this year. Mainly because I ate more than ever, and still didn't get sick! (Though I didn't go on any rides on the Midway, because if I had, I definitely would've been ill.) From the cute little baby animals (see pic of newborn lamb, left) to the Lumberjack Show to the Amateur Talent Contest to all of the people watching and food: It was a great time had by all. And it's the longest I've stayed within its hallowed gates in years! We must've been there from before 10a until 7 or 8p. One of the funniest things I saw was the preteen-ish aged kids showing their llamas in the judging ring. That was an interesting sight to behold, one I never thought I'd be interested enough to watch, but it was hilarious.
And the food. Where to start? I sampled all the normal choices, as I do every year: mini doughnuts, cheese curds, naked pickle (on a stick, of course), cotton candy, pronto pup, more cheese curds, caramel apples, hawaiian ice and sno cone (did 'em both), just to name a few. All fantastic. We also did some new things this year: meatball sub, quesadilla, mini cinnamon rolls (outrageous, both in how good they were and how expensive they were), spam curds (which I can't say I cared for, and think the name "Spam Turds" is a more apt title for them), mocha on a stick, all kinds of things. And food at the fair always tastes better. Maybe it's because they use special grease there to cook things. Maybe it's because everything you purchase is on a stick or fried - or better yet, both! You can try some of the items elsewhere, but they just doesn't taste as good.

2 comments:
My stomach hurts just READING about what you ate.
Holy smokes!
I know. It's a li'l scary. =)
Post a Comment