10.01.2007

Head of the Des Moines 2007

The Head of the Des Moines was on Saturday, and it was a good day. I only rowed two races (scratched the third due to a slight boat mixup - we had more rowers than boats), which was actually really nice. It was extremely windy - it felt even windier in Des Moines on the river than it did on Lake Superior in Duluth. My boats came in third place in both races. But even better, our club took home the overall points trophy.
Emily, Kim and me, lounging around before our races
Charlie and me moving the "noviciate" oars down to the water
Masters' Women's Quad - L to R: Kirsten, Me, Heidi, Leah

Me, testing out what Emily's medals would've looked like if they were hanging from my neck...I promise I didn't actually choke her (though it kinda looks like it here).

Various members of the Minnesota Boat Club, proudly displaying our trophy and some of the medals our team won

No comments: