6.02.2008

As Time Goes (Swiftly? Shockingly?) By

I realized a li'l while back that it's been ten years since I graduated from high school. To reinforce the idea that I'm getting older (though tend not to feel like it), I went to a graduation party yesterday afternoon for a girl for whom I used to babysit. And I believe there were a few piano lessons in there, as well. In a couple weeks, I will attend another such graduation party, for another young person I spent a lot of time with when he was a lot smaller. (Good thing I'm tall - at least their chances of outgrowing me are greatly lessened.)

This weekend we actually had very nice weather...in between bouts of hail and thunder and the random torrential downpour (nearly all of which seemed to take place on Saturday evening in my neck of the city's woods). Very strange. Saturday morning was nice, and I went over to the Guthrie for a backstage tour, which I enjoyed very much, and learned a lot of stuff about the history of the theater company.

We then ate here (where I had something extremely unusual and quite tasty: polenta fries), and then walked across this bridge (all those lovely stone arches), where I saw the locks and dams and Nicollet Island and this other bridge being built (you might have heard of this one a bit, oh, last August; they're ahead of schedule, and if they stay on the current track, it'll reopen in September).

No comments: