Yes, yes, I'm supposed to be a hardy Minnesotan. And while that may be true, that doesn't prevent me from talking about the cold weather.
I don't know what's worse: the actual air temperature (I think it was around -22* F this morning) combined with bitter winds (I have no idea what the wind chill is right now), or realizing that about a year ago I was sitting on a warm beach in the Caribbean frolicking in the ocean waves, using up an entire bottle of sun block in a week (still getting a bit crispy), and enjoying a very relaxing week.
I also find it rather amusing that My Way News this morning is reporting the following:
I don't know what has possessed me to do this, but on the two coldest days this week (Tuesday and today), I have opted for the skirt suit. What on earth is wrong with me? Thankfully I'm bundled up at 5:30 in the morning when I go out to start my car and drive over to the club to work out. But those short dashes from club to car and parking ramp to office in said skirts are a bit chilly.
I don't know what's worse: the actual air temperature (I think it was around -22* F this morning) combined with bitter winds (I have no idea what the wind chill is right now), or realizing that about a year ago I was sitting on a warm beach in the Caribbean frolicking in the ocean waves, using up an entire bottle of sun block in a week (still getting a bit crispy), and enjoying a very relaxing week.
I also find it rather amusing that My Way News this morning is reporting the following:
Forecasters issued lake-effect snow warnings Thursday for Indiana, Michigan, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Wind chill warnings were posted for those states as well as Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Missouri, the Dakotas, Wisconsin and Minneapolis.I chuckle not because the weather itself is so amusing. It's how the states are listed. Well, areas. See, all the other states are listed with state names. Except Minnesota. Apparently the reporter, Mr. Curran, believes that our state is named "Minneapolis." I may not remember all the state capitals from my grade school days any longer, but at least I think I could get all the states down.
I don't know what has possessed me to do this, but on the two coldest days this week (Tuesday and today), I have opted for the skirt suit. What on earth is wrong with me? Thankfully I'm bundled up at 5:30 in the morning when I go out to start my car and drive over to the club to work out. But those short dashes from club to car and parking ramp to office in said skirts are a bit chilly.

No comments:
Post a Comment