10.20.2010

This is your life: 2010 HOCR

Dear Internet,

A few short days from now (in fact, almost exactly 72 hours from now), it's likely I will feel like dying. (I probably won't actually die - I'm just going to want to die.) Here's why: I will be rowing in Boston at the Head of the Charles regatta. It will be 3 miles of agonizing fun. I will be out there with teammates A, K, J and Coxswain K. We will have a great time racing (aka "dying") together.

Here's an idea of what we're going to go through (though we will be in a four and not an eight like you see here), courtesy of the 2008 Upper Valley Rowing coxswain cam:




(Yes, it really takes three YouTube videos to adequately show you the length of time it takes to get through this race.)

I doubt Coxie K will be shouting at us quite the same way this coxswain did his crew (and thank goodness for that! I don't think I could handle "Pushhhh-a" or "oooommpppp-aaa" - or whatever he's saying half the time - for miles on end). But this is basically it.

Wish us Godspeed! Go St. Paul!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Awesome! I've watched the rowers there and it made me actually want to take up the sport it is so idealic. (But if it gets cold or hard, I'm out.) Have a great time!

akalinear said...

Thanks, Rachelle! =)