Internet,
August is halfway over. I feel like my summer just began. I mean, I just caught my summer cold! And I finally have some mosquito bites! Surely it can't be the end of summer already!
Anyway. Here are some random thoughts from yours truly to start out the week:
1. I saw a family of raccoons crossing the freeway at 5:17 this morning. At the time I thought, "Good thing it's so early! There isn't much traffic to kill all of them!" but now that it's later in the morning and I'm actually awake, I realized that a) they're raccoons, we could probably use fewer of the little beasts, and b) if it were later in the morning, the nocturnal-infernal things wouldn't have been out anyway.
2. youtube is a wonderful thing, Internet. You can learn and hear about all kinds of things (how to change a bicycle tire, how to complete a new knitting stitch or technique, what "quantitative easing" means, how to pit a cherry with a mere paperclip, and other similarly fascinating feats). What on earth did we do before the internet, Internet? Who told us how to do things?!
3. Last week a co-worker put the phrase "where we go from here" in an email. For the last week, I have not been able to get the Evita song out of my head. (Though really? The rest of the song has absolutely nothing to do with the work email. Just the first line.)
[See, Internet? That came from youtube, too.]
4. Watched the end of the PGA Championship yesterday with my dad - and saw a bunch of guys whose names I'd never heard of playing for the win.
5. As I said previously, I am in the midst of a summer cold. There is just something about having a pesky little ailment that feels so "winter" in the middle of summer that makes a person more miserable. The days are beautiful and sunny outside, but I don't have the energy to leave the house. Also, I'm pretty sure I'd have scared the birds and other small animals with my sneezing fits on Friday and Saturday.
That is all for now.
xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments:
Post a Comment