8.31.2011

The End of Summer

Oh, Internet. It is with a huge sigh that I say that the end of summer is here. (Also, it's supposed to be 90 degrees, sunny and humid tomorrow - One Day Only! Don't Miss Out! - so, I say this in the hopes that summer's not gasped her last breath quite yet.)

But we all know what the end of summer means! It's the Great Minnesota Get-Together! I went on Saturday with the cuz, and she and I had a great time. (So great, in fact, that we ate and watched and walked our way through it for a record - for us - 10 hours or something ridonkulous like that.)

To spare your cholesterol level, I'll refrain from listing the fair foods eaten this summer, with the exception of a couple of pictures and this note: SWEET CORN ICE CREAM IS THE MOST AWESOMEST THING EVER!!! (Seriously. It was delicious.)

Here is a snapshot of our day (and amusements):

The Beginning: Breakfast of Champions


The animals in the middle: This cow got more gussied up than I have been beautified in the last six months combined

Liberal use of hair dryers and trimmers all over the place

"Tools" of the trade - note the liberal use of White Rain hairspray
*Pretty sure there was also liberal use of white and black spray paint; it was like watching a cow get graffiti-ed


More of the Middle: In the baby animal barn (always one of my fav' stops), "Look at me, Mom!!! Look at me! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! I said, LOOK AT ME! Do you see me, Mom? I'm DOING A HOOF DANCE ON TOP of you, Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom?!"

"Maaaaawm, you NEVER watch me!"
*bursts into bleats and tears*


An example of non-animal middle (and why I stick to pictures of animals and food at the fair): I know - sometimes I, too, find that Burger King character a little creepy, but really? He's at the Haunted House?

The End: Bed-Time Snack

xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments: