Internet,
I am a big fan of fall colors. If you'll remember, I took a trip to New England a couple of years ago mainly because of foliage! (Well, and to see my cousin and eat a lot of food and see some new places. But the autumn colors were a big part of it!) This year we had some brilliant ones - and I am not just talking about the brilliant scarlet ones. The fall drought led to most excellent yellows and oranges and browns - yes, even brown leaves looked better to me this year.
On Halloween, I didn't involve myself with parties or trick-or-treating or anything like that. What did I do, you ask? Well, besides "dressing up" at work as an overworked legislative staffer (or, alternately, disgruntled gov't employee - take your pick! ha!), I took a little walk outside to snap a few pictures of the brilliant maple trees & gorgeous sunset happening in my neighborhood. Here is a sampling of them:
Could not have been lovelier, that sunset and those colors. If only they had stayed even longer! But alas, the world turned white since then, and now it's back to brown (i.e., the snow melted; I'm okay with that).
xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments:
Post a Comment