11.22.2011

Autumnal Ramblings: Putting the scare into fall

Internet,

Where to begin? I have been holding on to fall with my cold fingers (literally! It's getting cold out, and I have pretty much refused to wear warmer clothing because I'm in denial), and really don't want this beautiful autumn to end. So, I've been out and about attempting to enjoy everything I possibly can a) before session starts and I have no life, and b) while it's still relatively warm out and there's not much snow yet.

Anyway, since it's Thanksgiving week, I figure it's about time to get all things fall up on the ol' blog. Friday, all bets are off as the official Christmas season begins.

So here it is: the first installment. Throughout the month of October, I had the opportunity to see a great many scarecrows. Here is a sampling of them. Needless to say, I was greatly amused by people's creativity and selections. I mean, really: why on earth did these people choose their subjects? Pure entertainment, I tell you, and quite a lot of them spot on.

The Hulk:
Julia Child:
The governor:
Prince Chiming (wind chimes for hands? Terribly creative):
Basket Cases:
Is this flora? Or fauna? Flora as fauna? Does an owl even count as fauna? Not sure:
Humpty Dumpty (my favorite):
And this poor little guy, just trying to learn his job:
Complete with crows watching him:
And this last one - so easy, maybe even I could do this one without messing it up too badly:
Until next fall, good bye scary creations!

No comments: