5.15.2013

The End Is Nigh

Internet, 

I could say so many things about the end of the Legislative Session this year.  But since I have just arrived home at 9:30 in the morning after working 41 out of the previous 48 hours (the last 26 straight), I'll be brief so I can go get an hour of sleep (I hope?!  My body is so messed up right now) and a shower and change of clothes before returning for who knows how long.  

1.  It is not healthy to work this much.  

2.  A female senator asked me about an hour ago, "No offense, but were you wearing those clothes yesterday?"  I did not take offense, because a) we probably all look and smell alike, and b) I'm pretty sure she asked because she legitimately could not remember.  

3.  I stupidly forgot.  I forgot to pack my end-of-session survival kit.  I haven't had to deal with this for a couple of years, and usually it doesn't start so many days before the end of session.  Normally, the all nighters begin to happen the last weekend, not the Tuesday before the last weekend.  This does not bode well for my next week.  But at least I remembered my last-week-of-session #1 Rule: wear pants and flats.  

4.  The worst I've ever done with this job is two back-to-back all-nighters.  I hope to not repeat that performance of 2010 or beat that record.  Ugh.  

5.  It is not healthy to work this much.  

That is all...for now.  

xoxoxo,
Linear

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

You are right. It is not healthy to work so much. :)