12.09.2005

The world rejoices: my Alto Ego has made an appearance

It was with great happiness that I read Sarah's comment from a couple days ago. The great alto ego deigned visit my blog! (OK, I didn't even realize she was out there in the blogosphere - a serious oversight on my part.) It was with a bit of consternation that I found her blog. Not so much consternation that I found it at all, but more consternation because I realize I don't speak the language of the Canadian Dutch people. (or maybe it's just the Moerman family language I don't speak.) Haven't a clue what half the recipes involved, nor did I get all of the humor (but I'm sure it must have been that, though I might not have gotten it because of all the inside stuff going on with family and sibling rivalry/humor that is omnipresent in families). However, her stories about keeping count of the bear and moose (or bears and meese as it sounds in my mind) she's been encountering is enough to keep me entertained.

The Alto Ego bit is from (don't groan, all you OBCL/ATIers) Sound Foundations, way back when in '98. You know. Before the turn of the century. That seems like forever ago, but Sarah and I still remember fondly our days of snickering in the alto section of the choir, our days of snickering through orchestra rehearsals in the violin sections, our days of snickering, period. It was a lot of amusement for us. Ah, to remember the good ol' days. (When we think to email each other back.)

And please don't take this the wrong way, what with my recent C.S. Lewis post on love, but her little diddy of a toast was priceless. All together now with tongues firmly in cheek:

Here's to you, and here's to me
And to the friends we'll always be
But should we ever disagree
-Forget you! Here's to me!

2 comments:

Dr.Ah said...

Speaking of friends, I would like to point out to newcomers to the blog that the link to Kari Underwood does not lead to the newest American Idol.

I know. I'm disappointed too.

Anonymous said...

That's a good one, Linnea! Hope you're doing well. Merry Christmas!