2.22.2007

Craig Westover Strikes Again

So, the MN Legislature has been debating per diem for a lil' while now, and the debating was rather heated in the Senate about a $30 per day increase. In response to the increase, Mr. Westover has an hilarious take on the situation and calls on Minnesotans to Adopt a State Senator.

Like most Minnesotans, I have lain awake nights tossing and turning over the plight of our state senators who suffer under the burden of an expense allowance of but $66 a day. How would you like to feed yourself on just $66 a day? And now, like Oliver Twist asking for a little more gruel, our senators humbly beg for a 45 percent increase to $96 a day, and some would deny it.

"What an ungrateful wretch I am," I think while staring at the ceiling. I shudder at the thought of what a mess I might make of my life were it not for those dedicated souls in the state Senate looking out for my welfare. And what, pray tell, have I done to thank them? Not a damn thing other than to have packed my lunch and provided my labor to help create the wealth necessary to support their good works. That is not enough.

Therefore, I am initiating an "Adopt a State Senator" campaign...

Continue reading it here.

No comments: