Remember this old post about global warming? Yeah, I specifically had to go look it up again because of the cold we're experiencing here in Minny these days. I found it extremely interesting this morning that the Strib's front page top two stories are rather conflicting. One is entitled "Icebox Weekend Ahead" and the other is "Climate report: centuries of warming ahead". huh?
The temperature is currently -7° as I write this, and we're not expected to get above 0° until Tuesday. (That's 0° F for you non-Americans. Don't expect me to change it into Celsius. I can't ever remember how to convert it.) I don't even want to know what the wind chill is, but I believe it's somewhere in the -20's.
I'm supposed to walk in the St. Paul Winter Carnival's Torchlight Parade tomorrow evening with the MN Boat Club, but they're talking about cancelling the entire parade due to extreme weather. Granted, I don't want to walk around and freeze my extremities if it's going to be that frigid, but I do see the irony in cancelling a winter carnival event because of cold temperatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment