2.26.2007

Only a crazy person would...

...move office and home within 36 hours of each other.

...move into a new apartment on the snowiest day of the winter (at least a foot of snow, plus a little bit of sleet added in for good measure; I really couldn't tell you the measurements, but it was a lot).

...ok, so this might just be unlucky, but only an unlucky person would have the U-Haul company lose their reservation, causing them to give us a smaller truck, causing us to have to make two trips. In said snow.

...follow a friend driving a Honda S2000 w/ summer tires in snow, watching him drive sideways the entire distance (a few miles).

...stay up until all hours of the night both Saturday and Sunday, just to get rid of the overwhelming number of boxes.

...get a sore throat.

...skip an orchestra concert because of a sore throat.

...go to IKEA for the first time.

...be the recipient of a drive-by witnessing (as I'm calling it) from a couple of Mormans in a Target parking lot on a Sunday night. (I am not making that up. Really? You're cruising the Target parking lots now, and you can't get out of your car? And you're still wearing the ties and suits?)

...steal a parking spot that someone else already dug out, thereby blocking three more "free" parking spots (that were impossible to get to due to snowplow banks; thought I might call that mean wily and survival of the fittest instead of plain ol' "crazy".)

...take a job that on the first day, a committee meeting is called to start at 6:30pm. (The good news is that the street *might* be plowed or half-plowed by the time I get home this evening.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were a little crazy... lol

hey - it's your cuz Derek! (well, not really cuz, but I could never figure it out) How ya been? That's hilarious that I stumbled across your blog...

dj