8.02.2007

Friends at Work

We have a rather tight-knit group of people who work in my research department at the Senate Republican Caucus - for that matter, all the staff are pretty close. Today, we lose three of our SRC staffers to new jobs and endeavors; two are close friends. One researcher is moving back to Iowa with his wife, the other staffer is headed to law school in Michigan. Politics in Minnesota has a high rate of turnover, and people come and go all the time, but these two are two I'll miss a lot.
I'm not really the type of person to stay in touch with former co-workers when I leave a job. Over the last five years or so, I've stayed in touch with only a very few. K and L, though, are two I hope to continue to have interaction with - our conversations have always run the gamut, from politics (naturally) to religion, current events to entertainment, everything, and I hope that remains the case, no matter where their future endeavors may take them or what the distance is between us.
Good luck, guys, and God bless.

No comments: