What can I say? Sure, I don't blame Kevin Garnett for wanting to get out of town, to go to a team with Ray Allen and hopes of going somewhere in the playoffs. But I'm disappointed, nevertheless. KG has been a big part of professional sports in Minnesota for a dozen years now, and as fun as he's been to watch on the court, he's also managed to not just keep himself out of trouble off the courts, but also be a kind and generous, decent human being. He'll be missed.
What I'm even more disappointed in is what we got for him. Players I don't know, couldn't name if I had to, and don't care about. Add this to draft picks that Kevin McHale is sure to squander, and I now have absolutely no reason to watch the Timberwolves for at least a few years. Maybe longer. If there is no other, our one tried-and-true tradition the last couple decades is squandering professional sports teams' draft picks. We're golden at that. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Kevin McHale may be the hometown boy-made-good and was a phenomenal player, but he leaves a great deal to be desired in his current VP job with the Timberpuppies.
Although I'll remain a Timberwolves fan, suffice it to say, I might be paying a little more attention to the Celtics this season, not without a little bit of longing for what might have been, during these last 12 years, over the next 5...Then again, maybe I'll just be slightly less bitter tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment