8.27.2007

No, our team didn't win this trophy this weekend, but I really want to soon!

This is the Lipton Cup, the trophy that is awarded to the points winner at the NWIRA championship regatta each year. The 2007 winner of the Lipton Cup was Saskatoon. I wanted my picture taken with it so I can keep my goal in plain sight...I hope someday soon MBC wins this baby.
Please don't make fun of what I'm wearing in this picture. It's the team uniform. Yes, I have really bad tan lines now.
Regina was great. The bus ride to and from Saskatchewan? Not so great. That is a long ride. 14 hours each way. Anyway, the race course was beautiful, and the weather equally so. It was a fantastic weekend. My best finishes were two second place finishes. The other four, well. Some were better than others. All in all, though, I'm very pleased with how things went for my first regional championships, and I can't wait for next year.

No comments: